A healthy family is always in good spirits and forming a happy family. Health is one of the most important aspects of a family life and it is important to ensure the proper safety for your family in terms of health. A large number of family health insurance plans are available, and you can choose from depending on your requirements.
Some of the most common plans are as follows:
1. Managed Care Plans: This is a health insurance plan that is very popular amongst the various families residing in United States of America. You might have some limitation on which doctors you can visit but there are three types of plans that you can be availed of, namely, HMO, PMO and POS. A large number of healthcare providers can be visited under these plans.
2. Indemnity: This plan is also one of the most popular plans in the country. This is because the rates are on the lower side and the plan offers a large number of physicians throughout the country. However, you have to make the initial payments until a deductible is met. After that all your bills will be paid by the insurance company.
3. Medicaid: Medicaid is a family plan for those who cannot afford the other insurance plans because of lose finances. Medicaid does not offer a large network of doctors but provides basic healthcare programs to people at low costs.
4. US Family Health Plan: This plan is exclusively for families of people who have served in the military. It incorporates all the medical assistance needed by family members of people serving in the military or those who have served in the military in the past.
5. State Children’s health Insurance Program: This plan is for people who do neither qualify for Medicaid nor Private insurance. This is a joint state/federal program that provides proper healthcare to children of low-income families.
6. Indian Health Service: IHS takes care of the medical needs of the eligible American Indians. Eligible Indians get assistance at various IHS facilities across the country. The plan also helps them save some money in case they visit non-IHS health care providers.
7. Group Insurance for Employees: Many employers offer group insurance options to their employees. This is an employer-sponsored health care plan where in the employees whole family gets insurance. There are certain limitations too and not all employees get the coverage.
These are some plans available to an average American citizen. You can choose from these and enroll your family for the health care services provided in these plans. It is important to get insurance and almost all families in America have a health insurance. There are a few other plans available as well. These are new plans that the government has just availed to the public.
Take into consideration the costs that you would be required to pay on a monthly basis before putting your finger on one of these plans.