The delicious well-known fruit. As they say, eating an apple a day keeps your body away from the doctor. This might not be particularly true but apples can help you in different ways. They are rich in fibers, sugar, antioxidants and it can protect you from many diseases.
Apples are extremely popular food they are grown all over the world where they are the fifth most important crop in the world. Apples can be eaten in plenty of forms as meal or dessert or pie.
Have you ever asked yourself how many apples you eat each day !!!
1. Bowel health improvement.
Apples are rich in pectin fibers which act as a prebiotic in the bowel that increases the growth of helpful bacteria in our gut. A fiber-rich diet in general also increases gastrointestinal motility, prevents constipation and colon cancer. so you have to eat apple everyday
2. Protect your brain from Alzheimer’s.
Mixing apples in your daily food has been linked to a higher protection of nerve cells against oxidative stress.
These processes me play to avoid her rule increasing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other degenerative disorders.
3. Eat real apples, not juice.
It is important to know that we are talking about real whole apples not apple juice, as the juice contains roughly the same amount of sugar and calories as a Coke or Sprite.
Apples, as mentioned before, are high in fiber and water content which gives a feeling of satiety without more calories.
If you eat a fuel apple slices before your meal this can help you decrease hunger and consume fewer calories in the meal. This tip can help you lose weight and get better results from your diet.
4 . Green apples vs Red apples.
There is nearly no nutritional difference between green and red apples. Although the red apples may have higher amounts of antioxidants in their skin, other nutritional differences are negligible.
5. Do not peel apples.
Apples contain 85% of their structure as water. This high percent shows how hydrating and energizing apples can be.
A large apple, in general, has 115 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 30 grams of carb. If you peel your apple you lose about half the fiber quantity, antioxidants, and polyphenols.
Apples are also rich in vitamin C where a large apple contains 10 mg (17% of the RDA). An average-sized apple contains about half the amount of potassium in a banana.
The really impressive thing about apples is that they are high in antioxidant value as compounds like polyphenols.
Studies have shown that increased consumption of apples is linked with less risk of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
The good thing is that apples are widely consumed in society as nearly all people love them. They are the top source of phenolic antioxidant compounds in American diets.
6. Reduced cholesterol levels
Apples are rich in soluble fiber which acts to decrease cholesterol levels in the blood.
The high soluble fiber content accompanied by the antioxidants in apples makes this fruit a great way to decrease blood pressure, risk of strokes as well as cholesterol levels. so everyday eat apples.
How to eat more apples in your diet?
Other than simply eating slices of apples as a snack or dessert. There are plenty of other ways to get more apples incorporated into your diet.
Apple slices can be used as chips for creamy dips and salads are tuna or chicken salads and Greek yogurt peanut butter dips. Thin apple slices can also be added to turkey sandwiches or avocado toast.
Apple slices are perfect snacks with almond butter or peanut butter.
If you like apple snacks you can buy already made ones from companies like Bare Snacks as they offer baked apple chips with no sugar added. You can also make your snacks at home with the following recipes.
For this recipe you need a mandolin, to make it easy, you can buy it for less than 20$. You can also use a sharp knife and cut apples as thin as possible. Do not remove the apple core first, as it creates a beautiful star pattern in the slices.
Oven-Baked Apple Chips.
These ingredients make 4 servings.
1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Heat your oven to 225 degrees.
- Put two baking sheets and parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash your apples thoroughly and dry them
- Use a mandolin or a sharp knife and cut apples as thin as possible.
- Put the slices on the baking sheet and sprinkle the slices with cinnamon.
- Bake the apples for 1 hour
- Take them from the oven, flip the slices on the other side, sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Bake them for 35 to 45 minutes until the slices appear to be yellow gold and crunchy.
This meal is the best-served day-of, but it can be saved in a tight container for two up to four days.
0 saturated fat
29 grams carbohydrate
6 grams of fiber
20 grams of sugar (0 added sugar)
<1 gram protein.
This meal of baked apple slices has zero sugar, about a protein content of one egg and very low in sodium.
It can be eaten as a little sweet treat or a dessert. It can also be mixed with oatmeal or eaten chilled on a green salad.
Protein baked apples.
These ingredients make 4 servings.
4 red apples.
4 walnuts in halves.
4 teaspoon coconut oil, melted.
1 teaspoon cinnamon.
1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, plain.
2 teaspoons plant-based no-calorie sweetener.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the apple core using an apple corer, put the cord apples in a dry pan.
- In another bowl small bowl mix cinnamon, walnuts, and coconut oil.
- Fill each cored apple with the walnut cinnamon mix.
- Pour the baking dish with water to cover quarter-inch of apples.
- Cook it for one hour until it becomes soft.
- To prepare yogurt sauce, mix yogurt vanilla and swerve sweetener.
- After an hour, remove the apples from the oven and put them on a plate.
- Top each blade with a quarter cup of Greek yogurt sauce.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top over the plate for serving.
Nutritional values per serving:
7 grams of protein.
5 grams of saturated fat.
24 grams of sugar.
8 grams of fat.
To make Protein Baked Apples, use the apple corer to remove the core without cutting to the fruits’ bottom.
To be more healthy to reduce the sugar using half sweetener and half brown sugar. Switch it to 100% whole grain pie crust.
Apple roses are also easy to make. You can learn them by checking out Lauren’s video step by step above.
Mini Apple rose pies.
These ingredients make 7 servings.
9-inch whole-wheat pie crust for example Wholly Wholesome frozen pie crust.
2 red apples, medium-sized.
3 tablespoons vegan buttery spread (same balance).
2 tablespoons brown sugar.
2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener.
3 tablespoons lemon juice.
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1/8 cup apricot preserves.
- Preheat the oven according to the crust instructions.
- Use a cookie cutter of medium-size to cut the crust into muffin tin previously sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cut apples in half and don’t peel them.
- Remove the core using an apple corer and got them into thin slices using a mandoline.
- Mix the apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vegan butter in a large bowl.
- Microwave the mix for 1-minute until the Apple slices are pliable.
- To make the rose shape, put apple slices next to each other, then overlap them by half of their width and maintain the skin side to the top of the row.
- Roll tightly the line of apple slices, when done the skin side of slices should look like the top of a rose flower.
Bake the boy for 30-minutes until the crust is cooked enough. Use the heated apricot preserves and brush them over the top of each tart.
Nutritional facts per serving:
25 grams of carbohydrates.
170 mg of sodium.
14 grams of fat.
3 grams of fiber.
2 grams of protein.
13 grams of sugar.